I grew up going to the lake all the time. My grandparents have a place there, and I have many fond memories of our times there as a family. We have a big family on my mother's side. I told Phil on our drive today about all of the fun times we had there when we were little. All of the aunts, uncles, and cousins would meet up there. We would swim, ski, ride in the boat, and just hang around! Then, we would spend the night and wake up to breakfast cooked by my Mama Jo. I also spent a lot of time up there as my grandparents got older just spending time with them. Nothing.. and I do mean nothing could beat my Mama Jo's cooking. She was a wonderful cook! I have even said in the last few months that I would love to have her here again with us. She could make her famous (at least in my mind) fresh corn. Miss her still. I want Rush and Sydney Frances to have memories like these, too. My parents and my aunt have been working at the lake house to get it back into good shape after several years of not being used very much. Since my granddaddy moved here to live a few years ago, we haven't been going to the lake much. I have missed it, and I think everyone else has, too. My granddaddy has been going with them on the weekends, and he has been really enjoying the trips. I have been hearing about early morning coffee on the porch, breakfasts with oven toast, and delicious dinners cooked at night. I am ready to get up there to spend the night myself!! Today is my 34th birthday, so Phil and I took the babes to the lake to meet up with my family for lunch today. We took some pictures by the lake, but we didn't get in this time. We didn't have much time today. Next time, the babies and I will get in the water for sure! Can't wait!! I wouldn't mind staying for a night or two, as well. It is so peaceful there at night now. The quiet nights used to scare me a little when I was a little girl, but I could really use some of that peace and quiet now.
:-)

Family by the lake

Rush wearing Papa's yard workin' hat

There is plenty of floor space in the lake house, so the babies were in a crawler's heaven.
2 comments:
Awww! Wish I could have been there!!! Love you and hope you had a great birthday!
Soooooo cute. Love those babies. You will have fun times at the lake with Rush, SF, and cousins!
XO Therese
Post a Comment