Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Eat your wagon wheel!







Many of you already know that I have been struggling with the fact that the babies would not feed themselves. I want them to do what they are supposed to do when they are supposed to do it. We had been giving them little bits of food to try, but they just couldn't get it to their mouths. They would chew it if we put it in, but despite my best efforts, no food was entering by way of those chubby little hands. I had been giving them Puffs. They are like little pieces of cereal. Phil suggested that maybe we should do something bigger because Rush was putting the Puff to his mouth, but it just stayed clamped in his palm and never made it inside. My friend, Michelle, said her boys loved Wagon Wheels. They are a lot bigger and seem to be quite tasty as you can tell from the pictures. Frantastic actually cried when I took the last slimy, gummy bit from her hand before washing up last night. There is a fair amount of slobbery drool and wet sogginess involved. I am trying to move past that. Do you know that I actually talked to God about me perhaps not having a baby that spit up before they were born? I just told him how nice it would be if I didn't have to deal with the dirty, spit-uppy bibs and such. Unfortunately, the answer on that one was... Laura, I can make her really, really, cute, but the dirty, spit-uppy bibs are a part of your future, dear. I really like clean, fresh-smelling babies, so this is difficult for me. But, I moved on after accepting that I had a child that was going to vomit half of what she eats every time, so I can move on from the soggy, drool covered wheels as well. Wagon Wheels, thank you for solving my problem. Good thinking, Phil and Michelle! (Oh yes, and thank you, God, for my sweet little refluxy baby girl. I have loved every day with her so far. And, thank you for the chubby cheeks on the other one.. I am also enjoying every minute with him.)

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh yes, the wagon wheels! So fun! Wait until you try the biter biscuits! What a MESS!!

Elizabeth said...

Yay! Steak and potato dinners are in their future. Also, I went to Kid's World today. They have lots of stuff on sale:)

Gina and Michael said...

Kelsey loves her wagon wheels too! They are just soooo messy!

Michelle said...

glad they worked out!!

Unknown said...

SO SMART about the wagon wheels! LOVED reading the new stuff today! They are just little tooter booters!