Operation Split the Twins into Separate Bedrooms is complete... well, ok, only half complete. I know I said I would have both rooms done by the end of June, but that just didn't come together. We still have some furniture that needs to go to my sister and other furniture that needs to come to my house from Mama's house. That takes some coordination! But still... Rush's room is finished. Everything is hanging on the walls. The furniture is in place, and Rush loves it!! The letters hanging on the wall were made by ME! I am pretty proud of myself because I love the way they turned out, and I am typically not a crafty girl. All it took was a little Modge Podge, some scrapbook paper, and a little website called Pinterest that consumes way too much of my time! The painting that is hanging above the rocking chair is special to us. Rush saw it in our guest room and said he wanted it in his new room. It was painted by his great-grandfather... Phil's Granddaddy. Rush's new red bed used to belong to my Daddy. It was also one of the twin beds that Ivy and I would sleep in when we went to my grandmother's house as little girls. Thanks to Gigi (my Mama) for working her magic on turning it into the cutest little red bed around! I love little pieces of family history scattered around the house. We may add a few other touches along the way as he grows and his interests change, but for now, I am putting a check beside this summer project! Done and done!
3 comments:
Turned out cute! Tell Rush we like it!
I posted that comment above but hit the key too soon!
I like the whole name that you did instead of just the "R"! It looks great!!!!
Post a Comment