Yesterday, I took the twins to our local library. They both got their very own library card. Sydney Frances was the most excited about this event. I told her the night before that we would be going to the library the next day. The next morning when she woke up she said, "Mama, I dreamed about my library card last night. I love cards!" Sweet baby! Rush was less enthusiastic about the actual card, but he loves books, so he was happy to be able to pick out more that he was interested in. He has really been enjoying Richard Scarry's
Cars and Trucks and Things That Go. I remember lots of his books from my childhood, so it is fun to see Rush reading those. I also love listening to SF "read" her library books. She is very creative when she makes up the stories to match what she sees in the pictures. :-) We are heading back to the library on Thursday morning. Yesterday was just to check out books. We are going to attempt "Preschool Time". We tried "Toddler Time" last summer, and it was more than my nerves could handle. I have my fingers crossed that Toddler Time is going to be better because the kids are a little older. Stay tuned...
Some funnies...
Last night, Rush and Phil were being the sick patients while Fran was being the doctor with her doctor's kit. Phil began to moan and groan because he was so "sick" and needed immediate attention. Frannie ran over to the book shelf and grabbed a book and said, "Let me quickly check my book of home remedies to see if I can help you." Just for the record, we don't have a book of
home remedies, and I have NO IDEA where she might have heard that! She may be an actress!
On Monday, it rained and thundered here in the morning. We have been working on Rush's speeech to help him form some of the sounds he isn't hearing yet. He came into the room and said, "Mom, I think it's going to be bad
wedder!" So, I said, "I think so, too. Try saying 'weather', Buddy." He tried, but it still came out
wedder. I continued a few more times with instructions on how to put his tongue between his teeth, etc. I am sure I was being super annoying because he finally turned his little head to the side and said, "It's a
STORM, OK, MOOOOOM!"
1 comment:
So funny! They are sounding so grown up!
Post a Comment