After breakfast, I ran around like a crazy woman getting my house cleaned. This is no easy task because I have never been a super fabulous housekeeper. I know how to clean my house. I just don't want to do it. Plain and simple. There were cakes and balloons to pick up. After the kids had a small lunch, we put them down for their nap. They surprised us by taking a two hour nap. I thought they would be too excited to sleep. It was nice of them to give a little peace before the party, though. I made a couple of easy appetizers, and we were ready!
The party didn't really have a theme. My friend, Adrienne, did the invitaitons. I LOVED them as usual!
The kids opened their presents with gusto! It was a whirlwind to say the least!! We will do the gifts one at a time next year since they can open their own gifts now.
We asked them what kind of cake they wanted and we got two different answers... imagine that!
So I present:
Buzz Lightyear and Woody
And... Dora, Boots, and Diego
I felt a little guilty buying two cakes because it wasn't really necessary. Except that they share everything, so I just thought it would be fun to have something that was all their own. The girls at the party ate off Dora plates, and the boys ate off Buzz Lightyear plates. We also sang "Happy Birthday" to both of them individually so the spotlight could focus on one twin at a time!
Notice in Syd's picture that Rush is deep in the background. He was very uninterested in his cake or singing to his sister because he had already opened "Big Buzz", so there was no distracting him from the toy he had been dreaming of! I wish I had his reaction on video. I missed it!(Again, a good reason to open one at a time..
Finally, one of all the kids at the party! Love these three so much!!
Can't wait to see what the next year holds! One thing is for sure, it is going to be a fun ride!
2 comments:
We enjoyed the party! So fun seeing them opening presents this year too! I liked the idea of getting them their own cake since they don't want to share everything! Ha!
I can't believe your sweet little babies are 3 years old already. Hope you had as much fun as they did!
Hugs,
Therese
Post a Comment