Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Excuse us!

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted an update on the kiddos! We have been SO busy starting a new school year. We even had a trip to the lake at the end of our summer that never earned a blog post!

So this is what we have been up to:
1. New school year start up at work

2. Being afraid of the dark: Frannie has developed a fear of the dark over the last couple of weeks. Not sure what to make of that... I know I have had it easy, but my kids have always been good, easy sleepers that go to sleep in their own beds and sleep all night by themselves. So, this has thrown us for a loop. She actually went to sleep without tears tonight, so I am hopeful. She currently has to have the hall light on (we turn it out after she falls asleep) to go to sleep. She needs to be reassured that everyone is going to be nearby, and she sleeps with her face pressed against the side of the rail on the bed so she can see out. Will update again soon... please let the drama/screaming/fit-throwing aspect of this be a phase.

3. Strep throat (Rush): Not so much as a sniffle all summer long, and then, literally on the first day back at daycare, his nose started to run. It went on from there and we ended up at the doctor where he tested positive for strep. Ahhh!!! Of course, there is no way he got sick at daycare that quickly, but it threw us into what are we going to do with the sick toddler with a fever mode. Thank goodness for Gigi and Papa! Yes, I know I am beyond lucky that my mom can keep my sick children so I won't have to miss the first few days back at work. Very lucky! Just as a side note, though, Rush LOVED staying with Gigi and Papa by himself. I think my kids are lucky to be twins, but it definitely means they don't get as much one on one time with anybody. So, as much as he loves going to Sue Sue's house, the days on his own at Gigi and Papa's were really special. When it was time for him to go back to daycare on Monday, he said, "I fink I am still a wittle sick. I will go back to Gigi's, OK?" Sweet. Oh, so sweet.

4. Burying my head in a pillow: My babies are about to be three years old. How is this possible?



1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Just caught up on your blog... LOVE the pictures. Adorable. They are so grown up. Where does the time go?! Miss you!