Tuesday, July 5, 2011

First movie

We have had a whirlwind weekend, full of lots of fun! I will have another post soon on our fun times at the lake, but I accidentally left my camera there, so I had to use my backup camera yesterday. I will probably combine those with our fun at the fireworks.

Yesterday, Gram and Granddaddy took us all to see Cars 2. This was the first time the twins had been to a movie, and it went exactly as I predicted. Rush sat mesmerized and watched the entire movie from the previews through the credits. He is a movie-watcher. Frannie watched the movie and smiled huge grins at me until her popcorn was gone and then she bounced from lap to lap. Since Gram and Granddaddy were there, she had some extra laps to sit in. I did not think she would be able to sit through the entire film, but overall it was OK.


Outside the theater


Inside the theater by the movie posters.. the is the only one where Rush wasn't turned around staring at the posters

Like this...






The popcorn was a HUGE hit! I took some smaller bags to put pocorn in so they could each have their own bag. They sure seemed to know what to do with the big bag, though. I am not sure how long the sharing of the large bag would have lasted,though. {By the way, the popcorn in the picture is a MEDIUM. We only ate about half of it with three of us sharing it!!!}



Rush finished the afternoon by dancing in the aisles as the credits rolled. A very appropriate way to conclude his first movie-going experience, I think!


**Disclaimer** Before you take your little one to see Cars 2, you might want to check out the following website to get more information on the content. www.kidsinmind.com The story line was above the head's of my two little ones, although Rush was excited to see his favorite characters. It did have some violence and other questionable content that led me to feel it probably should have been rated PG.

1 comment:

AGreen said...

So glad the movie went well!! We went to see it and I was a little shocked at the content!! Carson couldn't get enough of Tow Mater, but he is now "blowing" things up around the house...trying to correct it and hoping it doesn't last long! I actually thought about leaving, but stuck it out. What happened to the cute little movie about Radiator Springs and friends?! Pics are too cute! :)Love ya! Ash