Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

We decided to decorate our tree today. I so love our tree. Rush and Frannie had the best time decorating. I put away my anxious, inner control-freak and let them pull out ornaments, look at them, and tell us where to put them. They had a little trouble getting the ornaments to stay on the tree, so we put most of them on according to where they pointed. It is so much fun to see Christmas through their eyes. Little Fran picked up an ornament and said, "Oh Mama,dis boo-ee-ful." We also had snowman cookies that Sydney picked out at the grocery store on Saturday.

Waiting for the cookies to bake... longest 8 minutes ever.. :-)




Decorating the tree



There will also be a special visitor here tomorrow morning. Tonight, we read a book about a special elf that is a helper of Santa's. He is coming to our house to stay until Christmas Eve. One of the things you have to do when an elf comes to your house is name him. He was nearly named Pink (Syd's idea), but he was saved from that fate when Phil suggested Duncan. Both of the kids really liked that name. He is just an assistant of Santa's and reports to him each night on where Rush and Syd stand on the naughty vs. nice spectrum each day. He's a handy little elf. Just the mention of his name and that he couldn't come in the morning unless they went night night sent them both scurrying to bed. Sweet!

By the way, Rush and Sydney Frances told me what to tell Santa they wanted this year. I don't think there will be a seating with Santa this year because they have both emphatically stated that this would not be happening. I will be happy to report to Santa, though. Rush wants a bwack {black} car and Sydney Frances has asked for a pone-tail {a ponytail}. I will be interested to see what Santa comes up with for that request.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

oh, I wish I could come snuggle them up right now!!!! Miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Cutest pics ever!
Amy G

Anonymous said...

I just want to eat them up in those footsie pajamas. Christmas will be so fun for your this year!

P.S. Maybe Santa can bring SF hair extensions for a Christmas ponytail! ;)

Therese

Missy said...

I LOVE that first picture!! So cute!