We had a really busy afternoon and evening today! Our neighborhood has a Halloween Carnival with lots of fun things for the kids to do. I think Rush and Sydney Frances were both slightly overwhelmed by all of the kids in costumes, snacks, games, and people. Mostly, they looked like this the whole time...
So, I would say they had fun, but I don't know if they did. I think next year they will understand the whole idea a little better and be more comfortable. They did "go fishing", get some Halloween stickers, and have some popcorn. They also played "Pin the Nose on the Pumpkin" and the "Witch Hat Ring Toss."
Don't get too excited, Rush.
They got a little more excited after we got home and started talking about going Trick or Treating. We did a little trial run, and I put some candy in their pumpkins. That seemed to do the trick.
Getting ready to leave...
The transportation...
The first stop! This family had candy in a bowl on their porch. It was a good place to start. No pressure! Ha!
We made it to around 10 houses or so. They really did a great job and were much more willing to go up to the doors than I thought they would be. My favorite part of the night was Rush's reaction at each door. After being given a piece of candy, he would just stand there and stare. I think it was all a lot of hype for just a little bit of candy. Ha! He just kept standing there like he was waiting for the big deal to happen. More than one person commented on it, and I thought it was so funny! One guy even said, "I feel like I should invite him in or something. I don't think the candy was enough." Hahahaha!!
After the festivities.. checking out the goodies!
Fun night!
3 comments:
Too sweet!! I only had FOUR trick or treaters!! Michael bought two huge COSTCO bags of candy. ugh!
They look so stankin' cute I don't know what to do with myself!!!!!! That is hilarious about Rush at the doors trick or treating!!! I love how Fran's hair looks too! Love them!!! Give kisses!!!
Awww! Too much! Sounds like there's plenty of candy in your house. Don't steal it all, Mama!
--Therese
Post a Comment