Candy Corn mixed with salted peanuts...my new favorite Halloween snack! If you haven't ever tried this combo, you won't believe how delicious it really is mixed together. Just buy a bag of candy corn and a can of salted peanuts and mix them together in a big container using a wooden spoon. Then, EAT the candy corn at the same time you are eating a peanut. It tastes just like a Payday candy bar. YUM! It also makes trips to the pumpkin patch even MORE fun!
I found out that the family that operates this pumpkin patch camps at the farm each Fall on the weekends when the patch is open to the public. I saw campers and other signs of camping while we were there. What a fun place for their kids to hang out each Fall! There was lots to do... hay ride, train (kiddie) ride, homemade ice cream, concession stand, inflatable jumpy things, wide open spaces to play, and of course, pumpkins.. in a patch! I think with the weekend being the one before Halloween, the pumpkins were somewhat picked over, but it was still interesting to see how they grew. We saw some really big ones and even some white ones. There was a sweet couple there that offered to take a family picture, so we got a picture with the biggest pumpkin there. We didn't buy a pumpkin this time because we already had two pumpkins at home. I want to turn those pumpkins into boy/girl twin pumpkins. Our neighborhood has a pumpkin decorating contest, so we may try to win "Most Fun" by creating "twin pumpkins"! {If I get around to actually doing this, I will be sure to post pictures.}
You just looked at those last two pictures and thought, "Huh?" Didn't you? We do not live in Kansas nor are we Chiefs fans, but Phil has a knack for finding pieces of Americana wherever he travels. Want to know the most interesting part? He buys it all in gas stations. The twins will have a random collection of these little pieces of "history". They also have a Betty Boop bobble head that does a hula dance. Just what every kid needs, right? Phil thought the kids just had to have this little gem. I have to admit... Rush loved it! He yelled "NUMBA ONE!" all the way home and made us laugh. Actually, the kids always love these little things that Phil buys because he makes them fun. It's the little things, right.
Later that day, Auburn was ranked number one in the BCS Standings. That was super fun, too! :-) A perfect way to end the day!
2 comments:
I'm in Heaven...what a perfect way to start my day!!! xoxoxoxo
ADORABLE pictures! I LOVE them! So, so cute. I think it's so funny, too, that you mentioned candy corn and peanuts b/c my dad is visiting this week, and he LOVES candy corn. This time though, he showed up with a bag of candy corn mixed with peanuts, and I thought it was strange. I'm going to ask him about it now!
Post a Comment