Sunday, March 8, 2009

Walking on sunshine! Whoa-oh!

I just need to vent before I get to the real point of this post. Apparently, this is becoming my new forum to gripe about the latest business establishment to tick me off. Walmart.. we have a love/hate relationship with one another. I visit every weekend for an hour or so to buy the things we need but usually leave feeling pretty ticked. Today was no exception. I was feeling pretty good about my trip with my cart FULL of groceries. This was despite the fact that I waited in line for a full fifteen minutes because I was standing in one of the TWO checkout lines they had open on a Sunday afternoon right after church. Great thinking and planning with staffing there, guys. Anyway, as I was leaving with my cart full of groceries, I was stopped on the way out by someone who asked to see my receipt. My receipt was already buried in the darkest of holes in my wallet, which was buried in the darkest holes of my purse. Did I make the alarm thing go off? Nope. Were any of my groceries not bagged? Nope. I guess I just looked like a tired Mama with a spit up stain on the front of her t-shirt. The perfect person to stop and ask to see her receipt, right? Attention Walmart, Inc. I just spent nearly $200.00 in your stupid store and have a buggy (as we call them here in the south) stocked full of Walmart junk. Seriously, do they think I snuck up to one of the empty lines and loaded all of my groceries into white bags without checking out at all? And no one noticed. What was the point? Did he check every item to be sure it was on the receipt? No. He just had me dig it out and barely glanced at it. Waste o'time, Y'all! But, alas, I will continue to go every weekend because I am a mother of boy/girl twins, and at Walmart they sell things like this that keep me coming back for more.

I mean..after all, could they really be expected to make it through their first Easter without these? :-) Hence.. the love/hate relationship. OK. I am stepping down from the soapbox.


So, now back to the title of the post. I have been singing the song since I typed those words. Do you get songs stuck in your head? I do. (Does it make me old that I remember when this song came out. It was 1985.. Katrina and The Waves..I had to look up the year.) Anyway, Ivy and I took the babies for a walk yesterday. It was a LONG walk! We walked in a huge circle around my neighborhood for an hour and half. The babies were happy, and the conversation was good, so we just kept going. It was bright and sunny when we left, so we decided to try out the babies' new sunglasses for the trip. We fully expected them to keep them on for a total of about 3 seconds before they flipped out. Guess what? They LOVED them! We enjoyed a good laugh at how seriously they seemed to take their sunglasses. They wore them for the entire walk.. even after the sun started to go down. We went home to Chinese food that Phil picked up for us! The end of a good day!



It is hard to believe that we took these pictures the weekend before!

Rush and Sydney Frances in the snow for the first time!



P.S. If any part of this post doesn't make sense, that is because I have been working on it since 5:00pm today.. just now finished it at 9:00pm. In between, I have bathed two babies, fed one, done one load of laundry and changed a spit-up covered sheet, while trying to be sure that two babies that technically went to bed an hour early are indeed going to sleep all night so I won't have to cry. I hope they don't mind springing forward too much! Good night!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Girl! I could not stop laughing reading that! A true Wal-Mart experience! Got to love it! I have the same relationship with them! The sunglasses are hilarious too! Oh, I miss your sense of humor! Great way to start my Monday morning blah!

Swampgirl said...

Everytime I go to WM I swear I will never return -but -time passes and my memory is short- and I go back! Love the shades! I'll be in your room Friday-sorry I will not get to see you!!!

Gina and Michael said...

Love it! So are those sunglasses from WM too? Love the tag blanket! I need to make one for K.

Elizabeth said...

To answer your question, yes I did in fact forget to the feed the dogs one time. Luck for me (and them) Lofton was only gone over night.

We are super excited about playdates this summer. Reese can't wait to meet his new girlfriend!