I have been a little behind with my Christmas posting. Our elf, Duncan, was fashionably late as usual this year, but he has arrived. While other elves often arrive around Thanksgiving Day, Duncan is one of Santa's special helpers. He often has to stay at the North Pole a bit later than the other elves to do some special jobs.
He made his first appearance a little over a week ago. You can probably tell that Fran was less than pleased with the place he decided to settle on his first day with us. She couldn't see his feet. It just made her angry. She pouted. I told her Duncan was watching and would tell Santa. Is that mean? I might as well use that little guy to my advantage when needed.
Duncan definitely loves sweets. He brought candy canes because he knew Rush dropped his in the driveway at Gigi's and cried. He also sat in the napkin holder on the kitchen table and opened up some fruit snacks for a little treat. At least he is neat and clean. He doesn't make messes like some other elves I know. Today, he is lounging on the fireplace mantle.
In other news, my high school made it to the state playoffs last week, and my best friend came into town to go to the game with me! Fun times!! She just happened to find her old band jacket before she made the trip down, and she decided to bring it with her. I just happened to have mine hanging in my closet since I was a band nerd for Halloween. Ivy was on her way to my house, so Michelle and I decided to put them on to surprise her. As soon as Ivy opened the door, she screamed, "I KNEW y'all would do something like this to embarrass me!!" Do you think we drove her crazy in high school or what? Hahahaha!! Class of 1993 Flutes Rule!! :-)
Sister and me at the game... we lost BIG TIME, but it was still a fun night.
That same weekend, we went to the Victorian Porch Walking Tour. I think it was
little lost on the kids. The porches are beautiful, but they were more interested in the hand bell choirs and singing. It was fun, though!
We also went to the park to take some Christmas pictures of my favorite niece, Kate. Could she be more beautiful?
Love her to pieces!
We are getting ready for Santa to arrive! The excitement is building!
No comments:
Post a Comment