The kids spent the last week taking an art class every morning. I think they enjoyed it. Although you wouldn't be able to tell that from the pictures that I took. I forgot my camera that morning (grrrr... had it all charged and ready). So, the alternative was to use the camera on my phone..not great. It didn't matter, though, the kids would barely look at me and no one cracked a smile. On the last day of the class, parents were invited to attend the "art show" to see what they had done during the week. Their art teacher is also known locally for painting kids' faces in a very creative way. I was pretty sure that Frannie would refuse to have hers painted, but Rush came out with a bare face as well. You can imagine my surprise when my two walked out with the group, and they were the only kids without their faces painted. Oh well! Fran finally unloaded the truth later in the day. She said she knew I would have to wash her face like I do when she has sunscreen on it, and to quote her, "I hate that!" Ok then. That's some deep thinking about face paint, kid. I think she kinda convinced Rush he shouldn't get his painted either because he could never give me a reason he didn't want it painted. When I told Phil they were the only two without their faces painted, he died laughing. He then said they probably get that trait from him. He wouldn't have wanted his painted either. :-)
Despite their smileless and paintless art show, I honestly do think they enjoyed the week. They both talked about it every day and made some new friends. I got a few pictures when we got home of some of their art work. In addition to the handprints and butterflies, they also made clay snakes, tissue paper and water color flowers, and bugs made out of their names. Enjoy the fake smiles.
We are heading to the beach soon, so hopefully that will generate some smiles that are a bit more genuine. :-)
2 comments:
Tell Fran that I wouldn't have wanted my face painted either. I hate washing my face, too. :)
Love the fake smiles! :)
- Amy G
Post a Comment