Three year olds are funny. Just funny. I have just been laughing at these two lately, so I wanted to write some of it down before I forget about these cute little words and conversations.
A couple of weekends ago, we were going to eat Sunday lunch with my parents. Rush asked what we would be having to eat. I told him it would be smoked turkey, sweet potatoes, etc. He looked up at me and said, "But, we don't eat real turkeys." I told him that we did eat real turkeys, chickens, and cows when we eat meat. He stared at me with really big eyes and said, "But Mom, dose are animals." I think we may have vegetarian on our hands! Ha!
One Saturday morning, Rush asks me, "Mom, is it anudder day (another day)?" We had been talking about days of the week, so I thought he might be asking me about the day of the week. I told him that it was "another day" preparing to talk about it being Saturday. He said, "OK. Dat means I can get out dose new toys you said I could get out anudder day." Apparently, he had asked me if he could get some toys out of the closet, and I replied, "Maybe another day." He caught me on this one.
Just today, Frannie fell down and scraped both of her knees at daycare. They are just normal little "kid knees". Scratched up and a little red... She has showed her knees to everyone who will pause long enough to see them. Then, as she was climbing out of the bathtub, she asked me if I thought she would need a walking stick. This is what she calls a cane that an elderly person would use for walking. Isn't it pretty typical for three olds to use them when they scrape their knees, too? :-) Oh, the drama.
No comments:
Post a Comment