Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rigoberto

Rush and Sydney Frances received some really cool gifts for their birthday. It looked like Santa Claus had come for a visit after the party was all said and done. Toys are really high tech these days and can be very smart! They both received these cute little interactive puppies named Violet and Scout. They play music and lullabies. Some of the songs are quite catchy! You connect them to the computer using a USB port. Then, you can program them to say your child's favorite food, animal, color, etc. You can also choose the songs it will play when the animal's paw is pressed. One other very interesting feature is that you can program the "Friend" to say your child's name! How cool is that, right?? So, I plugged them in and downloaded the Leapfrog software stuff from the website. Everything was very simply designed so I didn't even have to get all aggravated and hot while trying to get them set up. I started with Violet. She belongs to Sydney Frances. I chose her favorite animal (rabbit), color (orange), 5 daytime songs, 5 sleepytime songs, and then I chose her name. You can't make it say two names, so it just says "Hi, Sydney." She smiles every time. It is the cutest thing. I think that she really loves that it says her name! It also sings songs with her name in it, and says "I love you, Sydney." Yep, cutest thing. Next up was Rush's good 'ole pal, Scout! I put in his favorite animal (bear), color, (red), 5 daytime songs, 5 sleepytime songs, and his na... Wait, the little booklet says it has THOUSANDS of names to choose from. Where is sweet "Rush"? It is a boy's name after all. It is not a made up name. I even know another Rush. It was my great-grandfather's name. Well, let me follow the steps for what is says to do if you can't find your child's name. I click on the "R" to see all of the "R" names. Surely it will be there... thousands of names they said. But alas, no Rush. Of course, if my child's name were Rigoberto, I would be in luck. Or Ravleen. Or Ravneet. Or Reame. Or Remington. Or Raven. Or Rocky. All of those parents are in luck. So, poor Rush. I know it is not the most common boy name, but seriously, Ravneet? I feel that Rush should be there over Ravneet. Don't you? Scout does tell Rush that he loves him, but Rush just has to trust the eye contact coming from Scout because Scout can't say his name. We could have made it say, "I love you, Buddy", but you all know I am paranoid that Rush is going to grow up and tell people his name is Buddy because I call him that all the time. Like I have said before, the Buddy's of the world usually weren't given that name at birth. It is, however, one of the choices for a name in the Leap Frog database.

Caught ya!!! Rush under the dining room table... I think he will love to build "forts" one day with kitchen chairs and blankets. He loves it under there.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You crack me up!

Randall and Barbara Walker said...

Laura, surely the LeapFrog website has a way for you to let them know about and give them names that is not in their list. And then a way to download Rush's name for instance.

Jana said...

What a neat toy!! Maybe LeapFrog will add his name!

Adrienne said...

Oh yes... my Rush and Ann Marelle are doomed in the name department! :) So funny! Toys can do everything these days!