Thursday, August 6, 2009

Trying new things

We have been trying all kinds of new things around here! Phil and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on August 1, so the babies went to spend the night with Gigi and Papa for the first time. This is the first time they have spent the night away without Phil or me being with them. They had a BIG TIME!!! The babies also started going to a home daycare this past Monday. I think they really do love it very much! They are very busy judging by the fact that we had to bump their bedtime up almost 30 minutes because they are so tired these days! Rush seems to be perfectly fine with being left there every day. He has not shed the first tear over being dropped off at daycare. Sydney Frances seems to be a bit more inclined to believe that I have lost my mind each morning, but she is getting better. She also cries when I get there to pick her up. It's like she realizes when she sees me again.. "Oh yeah, there's Mama and she LEFT ME.. AGAIN!!" Susan says that she only cries a little bit. I know she will be fine. I have to say that although I am very comfortable with our choice for daycare, it hasn't been easy to leave them. I am feeling some major guilt. I also miss them like crazy during the day. Unfortunately, that means that everyone at work has to listen to me talk about it incessantly. One especially unfortunate group of co-workers had to witness a crying spell in the school office. That was on Day 2. Lovely! Oh so lovely! OK. Now some pics of the fun!

Packed and ready to go to Gigi and Papa's. They won't both look at the camera at the same time.


Frantastic is very excited!


Can we go outside??


I LOVE cheesy poofs this much!


More fun with food and spoons!


Sydney Frances ready for her first day of daycare


Rush is ready for daycare, too! Rush: "I think I remember a cool ceiling fan she has there. I love fans, y'all!"


Both babies at daycare... again no way to get both to look at me.



Rush: "I told y'all she had a cool fan!!"


Love these sweet babies!!!!

2 comments:

Jana said...

I have been thinking of you this week! I'm sure it has been hard! Those pictures are adorable!!! Your babies are too precious! I can't wait to meet them!!
~Jana

Unknown said...

Laura- those new pics are too cute!!! SF looks a little mischievous with those grins... ;-)