Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Little Heart

OK, E.B., this post is for you! :-)
I am not really planning to post every time the babies go to the doctor, but I just wanted to share some news from today's "Synagis appointment". We go to the doctor every 28 days for an injection called Synagis that will help to protect the babies from a severe case of RSV. So, we saw Dr. Glaze today. We really like him. He is great with the babies, and always takes time to answer all of our questions. Today, when he was listening to Sydney Frances's heart, he listened for a long time, so I could tell something was up. He didn't take nearly as long when listening to Rush. So, my heart began to pound because I knew that he was going to say something about her heart. It turns out that Miss SF has a heart murmur. Not a big deal, right? Dr. Glaze was very confident in telling us that it is probably not a big deal. He said he "likes to shoot straight" with people and would tell us if he felt that we should be concerned and worried. I must confess that I felt a small amount of relief when he said "heart mumur" because it sounds very manageable. After all of the time we spent in the NICU, I know it could be much worse. Of course, I am worried about my baby girl, but I really know deep down that all is going to be fine. We are going for an echo-cardiogram (sp?) tomorrow at the hospital. We will get the results back in about a week after a pediatric cardiologist reads the results of the ultrasound. I will keep you all posted. I will pray for a healthy heart for my little one.

Some good news.... We have two FAT little babies on our hands!!! Rush weighs 12.3 lbs. and Sydney Frances weighed in at 12.8. I can't help but refer back to their birth weights... Rush.. 2.12lbs. SF... 3.13. That is a long way in a short time, y'all!! Love it!!

I will be posting from our beach trip in the next post! Good times!!



Sydney Frances after her bath when when we were at the beach. So clean and sweet!

Rush hanging out on the Baby E. mat. Ivy took these with her new camera she got for Christmas. I think the pictures look really good. Thanks, Aunt Ives!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Laura, We had the same thing happen with Ann Marelle at one of her early visits. Dr. Plotkin listened for a long time, and I knew something was up. He said the same thing, not to worry etc. It ended up when we went back for the next visit, it was gone. Apparantly they often grow out of it. I'll be praying for her!
Adrienne

Michelle said...

LOVE LOVE all the pics and stories! Carter and Michael both have heart murmurs. And as you know that has not affected either of them. Sometimes the doctor will hear it on Carter and sometimes they don't!!!! xoxoxoxoxo